Pupil Premium Statement, 2018-19
The main barriers faced by eligible pupils in SASJ are
- minimum parental involvement,
- Varying levels of CSC involvement,
- Attendance across school is good. Majority of children punctual in school.
- Language barrier, an increasing number of DAP are EAL.
We will address those barriers through
- Home school liaison officer to be involved (6 hours per week), working with TAF / CAF children and families in school and at home.
- Children receive 2 guided reading sessions per week to alleviate lack of home reading in school.
- School councillor working in school (0.2).
- Continued daily intervention to ensure that last year’s progress continues.
We will measure the impact of the work by
- Reports from Home School Liaison Officer
- Reading progress
- Feedback from councillor on effectiveness of provision Attainment vs non DAP pupils.